Summer in Strasburg
If you are planning to visit Strasburg this summer, you'll find that there's a lot to do. A trip down any of the back roads leading into town will lead you past a variety of Amish farms where you can buy fresh produce, crafts, homemade root beer and much more. Once you arrive in Strasburg, be sure to make your home base the Strasburg Country Store and Creamery, which is located right on the town square. Out of town guests can find a cozy place to stay and PA Dutch hospitality at the Village Inn, located right on the premises.
Once you're settled in, you'll be ready to take in all that Strasburg has to offer. Here are a 10 summer activities that just shouldn't be missed:
- 1. Eat an ice cream cone at the Creamery Everyone can find happiness with our selection of flavors, add-ins and waffle cones. Enjoy your cone outside or in the air-conditioned comfort of our parlor.
- 2. Take a ride on the Strasburg Railroad. Thomas comes to town in June, but the railroad is chugging away all summer. Don't forget to also visit the Railroad Museum of PA and Choo Choo Barn model train layout, both just steps from the Railroad.
- 3. See Noah live at Sight and Sound. Back by popular demand after almost 10 years, the production comes complete with live animals and a 40-foot-tall ark.
- 4. Take the kids to Dutch Wonderland. No family vacation is complete without a trip to the popular kids' amusement park. DW is open daily starting June 1, 2013.
- 5. Play a round of mini-golf at Village Greens. With two courses that wind through 13 acres of beautiful, shaded grounds, this is not your ordinary mini-golf course.
- 6. Enjoy the Memorial Day Parade. Mingle with the locals at the annual parade, which begins at 9am on Memorial Day. The parade passes right in front of the Creamery and Country Store.
- 7. Visit the Farm Market Get the freshest produce in town on the lawn of the Strasburg Library - open Saturdays and Tuesdays starting May 18.
- 8. Go on a Ghost Tour. See Strasburg after-dark with the popular candlelight walks and ghost tours.
- 9. Shop 'til you drop. Strasburg is filled with little shops and boutiques, including a few sharing the property with the Creamery and Country Store. A favorite is Sweet Charity, which showcases local goods and gently used women's clothing.
- 10. Go Garage Sailing. All of Strasburg comes alive during Garage Sale Saturday, which is usually the first weekend in June. The streets are full of buggies, scooters and great deals.
Subscribe to Get the Scoop!
Receive special offers and discounts by joining our fan club!